Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy New Year!!

I had every intention of writing this blog post last Sunday, but life got in the way and I never quite had the time to sit down long enough to write. But here I am relaxing in my apartment on Saturday night thinking about how much I love the start of the school year. The more I think about it the more I think the new year should really be in September.

Even if you are not in school anymore just think about what the start of the school year used to mean. There was so much hope and so much promise. You got new clothes, maybe a new haircut, you got new books, new notebooks, planners. You had all these great ideas to get organized and improve your grades and join all these teams and get in shape. You have all these ambitions and awesome plans and dreams. The weather is awesome. You want to be outside in early fall. It's not like in the middle of January when it's cold and there's snow on the ground and you just want to sit on the couch in your PJ's all day. But that's not how it is at the start of the new school year! In the fall optimism runs high and there isn't anything that is out of your reach.

So enjoy that new fall wardrobe, fill up your new planner with dates, mark that Turkey Trot on your calendar, enjoy all the awesome summer produce, play outside and keep your dreams alive that your team will win the Super Bowl. 'Cos the fall is all about hope!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

haha, I agree, it does make more sense to start the year out when it's warmer and happier!

I need a new hair cut... Maybe that would make things better? :)

Meg said...

Hi Abigail! Glad you're year is starting off right. I think you're onto something by counting the school year as your New Year. =)