Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Days When I Love Teaching

* When I can have fun with my students and they pinkey swear me they will get their homework in tomorrow
* When they're actually mildly interested in learning about historical figures like Miguel Hidalgo and Simon Bolivar
* When 75 % of them turn in their homework
* When I have a clear plan of where the week will go
* When students say hello to me at the door without me prompting them first
* When almost everyone in my class got A's on this week's quiz
* When I forget about how far behind in my pacing guide I am
* When students share with me how much they liked the new Harry Potter movie (knowing I went to the midnight show)
* When I realize my honors government seniors are smarter than the average citizen and can recall which amendment provided for direct election of senators (17) and which one the Lame Duck amendment is (20) three months after we learned it back in September
* When I can come home and curl up with a glass of Merlot on a cold rainy day and not have to worry about grading 40 essays

Sadly the last one is not true today as I have a ton of papers to grade. The good news is all the other ones are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I am glad to see you are enjoying your teaching. I miss our chats!