Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Great Details: Your Definition of Love

So the first thing that popped into my head when I read the prompt was this:



That is my opinion of love! "Baby, don't hurt me!" My last two relationships have been enough to make me pretty skittish about the whole thing. Obviously there are a lot of different kinds of love - family love/platonic love/romantic love. The last is something I've only experienced in brief flashes. I thought I was in love when I started up this blog back in February, but it wasn't reciprocal. I was in love with someone who *thought*, or perhaps even wanted to be, in love. Of course, I didn't know that until he broke my heart not so many months ago, so if you'd asked me this question back in February I probably would have had a very different answer for you.

I'm going to cop out on this Great Detail and cede to my favorite quote on love by Paramahansa Yogananda: "To describe love is very difficult, for the same reason that words cannot fully describe the flavor of an orange. You have to taste the fruit to know its flavor. So with love."

Sadly, I think all I've ever really tasted has been artificial orange flavoring.

No comments: